WARNING – This is a long one…
So last year I went through a “sort my life out stage”; for about 6 months I sorted through all my belongings, threw away junk, sold loadsa’ stuff on eBay and did two carboots, organised all of my bills and bank accounts so that I was only paying what I needed and all from the same account, set up savings accounts, started exercising daily, as well as loads of little bits like “feng-shuiing” my phone contacts. Basically I got organised and made some money doing it (ebay etc).
Everything started to become a habit and I would often find myself watching TV and then thinking I’m going to sort this out now, even at 9pm. It may have only been a small box or a drawer but I felt like I was being pro-active, productive and ultimately “sorting my life out”.
A big thing was starting to exercise every day, this was sometimes only 10 minutes on the treadmill, or some sit-ups before bed but I also did a couple of Pilates DVDs, and the 30 day Mean ABS Challenge over on perf-fect.tumblr.
If you ever need some inspo to put your trainers on head over here – seriously! This challenge was good for me as it didn’t take long each day, so I also added on a quick run before-hand and built up my times every few days. There are loads of other challenges too!
Well I kinda lost my mojo!
I went on holiday, which was what I was working out for, came back and didn’t feel like I needed to do anything for a while! Well as we all know as soon as you’re out of routine, for anything, it’s sooooooo hard to get back into it!
It wasn’t only the exercise that fell on the wayside. I still have two FULL Ikea bags, plus a box of stuff that I still need to get rid of – eBay can get very tiresome, what with all the post office trips, and people that want something for nothing. I seem to be getting home from work and slobbing in front of the TV until bedtime, which is getting earlier and earlier considering I’m not doing anything, literally! I’m not even blogging, tweeting or instagramming as much because I simply feel like I have no energy.
So I’ve decided it’s time I get back on track!
I’m telling you guys about this so you can egg me on, give me some tips, maybe do something to help yourself out and let me know about it!
In no particular order this is my PLAN (so far), I’m sure I’ll be editing it over the next few weeks…
- Start exercising
- Organise / de-clutter
- Clothes – go through everything and sell what I have stacked up. I think I would like to do this via a Blog Sale on here! But I might get rid of some bits via ebay?!
- Make up – Sort and organise. I have just re-arranged my bedroom (again) and now have a lil’ space for a dressing table, I don’t want to store all my make-up on here, it’s currently all tucked away nicely in a drawer, but I’m itching to get some Muji acrylic stacking drawers to sit on top and showcase some of my must-haves/most-used items, as well as a pot for some of my brushes.
- Detox – I’m thinking about either going on a bit of a juice diet, as per the Juice Master, Jason Vale’s “7lbs in 7 days” plan or joining Hello Fresh and simply eating really well for a couple of weeks.
- Start eating breakfast again! I never used to be able to last very long without breakfast, but I seemed to have replaced my trusty bowl of Weetabix/Porridge/Special K with a pretty large milky coffee.
- Start blogging more ritualistically – I thought I may have made this word up – apparently not : ) I love putting up posts and once I’m in the flow of it I’m fine, but with my lack of energy and motivation at the moment just thinking about sitting at the computer after work feels exhausting! I need a routine!
- Skincare – install a beauty routine… I have started this, I’ll keep y’all posted!
Basically I’ve come to the conclusion that I just need a routine for almost everything I do. I’m very much a “if you can’t do it one day then don’t fret too much” kind of gal, but if I’m thinking about it when I can’t do it then that’s a pretty good start to getting everything in order? I hope that makes sense!
First up I NEED TO START EXERCISING!!!
I hate exercising, or more I hate the thought of exercising. I’m not a gym goer – I’m too self-conscious, and we have a treadmill at home so I don’t see the point of paying out £40+ a month when I can do this at home. But, the thing is, I also HATE running! Basically I’m really unfit and have completely taken for granted the fact that I must (this is only a guess as I never put on tons of weight (I don’t ever lose tons of weight either)) just have a fast metabolism, because my friends, I do like to eat! I’m known at work as hollow legs : /
But lately I’ve been feeling a bit bleurgh, so first up (building up to the dreaded treadmill) I’m cracking on with the sit ups! Not normal sit-ups, oh no, these make you feel like you’ve been doing sit-ups all day after only a minute. And for someone that dislikes exercising as much as me, I do like that feeling in your stomach the next day when you’ve worked it good! Only the stomach though – nowhere else!
How to Do the Lower Abs Trifecta
1. Find an open floor space or grab a flat weight-lifting bench — that’s all you’ll need to start.
2. Complete 15 Ab Pulse Ups. Once this gets too easy, hold a dumbbell in between your feet as you pulse upwards.
3. Without resting, immediately do 12 Reverse Crunches. Once this gets too easy, hold a dumbbell in between your feet as you crunch inward.
4. Without resting, immediately do an Ab V Hold for 60 seconds, or for as long as you can.
5. Rest 1 minute and 30 seconds.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 two more times, for a total of 3 LATs.
Lean it Up is the source for this plan, and these photos and videos, and it’s pretty tough, as of yet I haven’t been able to manage the V hold for a full 60 seconds. But whenever I’m exercising the lazy girl inside me thinks whatever I do it’s better than not doing anything! Which although is definitely a bit of a cop out, it means I don’t get too bent out of shape thinking about the fact that I can’t do it 100% just yet!
And “practice makes perfect ” don’t ya know!
So this is what I do now before I go to bed, on a mat, the floor. My next step is to get on the treadmill (boooooooo) before doing these sit ups, because apparently it’s better to have your heart rate up when trying to tone your muscles? Or at least that’s what Davina McCall says, I think!
Here’s a little inspiration to keep us/me going…
Or maybe I need some new gym wear to get me in the mood…
I know that I have included a lot of links in this post without much “bumpf” but as I work through the above points I will expand on the links/companies/ideas that go with each.
I would love to know your thoughts/tips/ideas/ENCOURAGEMENT : )
- Exercise of the Week: The Basic Plank (eunicakes.wordpress.com)