Here are some wedding invitations that I designed. If you would be interested in custom-made invitations please do get in touch, I would love to hear from you!
If I did anything well in Vegas it was most definitely shopping. So here’s my guide to the best items to spend your dollar on, and where to do it!
North Premium Outlets;
Sunglasses Hut, Michael Kors, Kate Spade New York
The Cosmetics Company Store, Perfumania, BareMinerals, Elizabeth Arden
Aldo, Converse, Nine West, Vans, Steve Madden, Nike
Levis, Calvin Klein Underwear, American Apparel
What I bought; Elizabeth Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant, Ray Ban Aviators, Bobbi Brown Lipstick in blusher and Concealor Kit, Michael Kors bracelet, Burberry The Beat Perfume, Armani Mania Perfume, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser.
Oh how I wish this gem of a shop came back to the UK, I used to love browsing around the isles. Luckily I got to relive those memories and oh how I did more than browse; I bought the Urban Decay Naked Palettes 2 AND 3 : ), Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub, Benfit They’re Real Mascara, Benefit Speed Brow, Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush in diffused heat
Bath and Body Works;
They had a deal for two x three wick candles for $22 – I bought Marshmallow Fields and Vanilla Pupkin Marshmallow. They smell so yummy.
Unfortunately I found that the clothes seemed to be of a similar price, if not more than home, which is why I would advise spending your hard earned cash on cosmetics.
Oh and I also bought this little guy…
He sits in pride of place on my bed and is sooooo soft!
I’d love to know what you think of this post, so drop me a line!
Oh how I wish this meant what you’re thinking!
Photo by Jim Wright for Mens Fitness Magazine
But no, earrings dear, earrings!
I have had my ears pierced for a long time, I think I was 8 or 9. I then had my cartilage pierced, twice – or helix as shown below. Honestly I have no idea on the correct names so thought this diagram may help explain my waffle.
I also got my second holes done around 10 years ago, however, they’ve never really took, by this I mean that any earrings I wear tend to really irritate me; either they make me itch, or they pee me off royally whilst trying to sleep.
Granted I’ve never gone out of my way to get some really decent earrings that would hopefully not cause this reaction.
Until now, and boy-oh-boy am I fussy. I knew that I wanted studs, gold or rose gold studs. They needed to be nickel free (hopefully this will help), and not too large – I think my second hole is a little too close to my first, which means that larger earrings collide with my first really simple gold ball studs (booorrrinnnggg). I also knew my budget; I was willing to spend up to £100 – which is very unlike me! I remember spending £19 on a pair of silver hoops when I was about18/19, and I thought it was ludicrous – and that was with a birthday voucher! BUT I really want this relationship to work out, so I knew I needed to invest. However, then came the tricky part, trying to find a pair that met the above criteria, and that basically warranted the money – I didn’t want a plain pair that cost silly money, but I also didn’t want something that looked all blingy.
Ergghh the search was painful. I looked everywhere in Vegas – but they all seemed to be diamond $500 dollar disaters – no thanks. I looked in Thomas Sabo – again nothing that interesting, or they were just too big. I looked on every jewellery site I follow on instagram, searched through Asos, even looked on the Argos website (oh the shame)! Then one morning whilst checking through my emails, I saw that Ella Gregory off of the fab Coco’s Tea Party had included a company called Astrid and Miyu in her ‘Monthly Top 10’ feature.
I thought I’d have a nose round the website and as soon as I clicked on the studs category there they were, by they I mean around 20 pairs that I wanted, all of which cam in silver, gold, or rose gold. Uh oh!
In the end I picked these beauties…
Hamsa Hands in Rose Gold
How pretty are these?! AND they were£39. Granted not a steal, but less than half the price I was considering. I’m completely in love with them and cannot wait for them to arrive!
I also couldn’t resist this ring…
It’s soooo pretty and dainty! This is called their Zodiac Ring – in Aries with a diamond – woooo! Also £39.00
Just to add to my luck you get 10% discount if you sign up to their newsletters.
I’m actually thinking I may have to go on another little spree as I seriously LOVE everything on the website – my next purchases maybe…
All photos taken from the Astrid & Miyu website.
Go take a look and I challenge you not to want EVERYTHING!!!
There may be nothing new or unique about this blog post, however, realistically no two will ever be the same. You buy, wear, showcase what you like, what you love, what you need, and ultimately what works for you.
So on that note the following are my beauty must haves (with a sneaky lil’ fashion obvs snuck in there for good measure)…
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara – I received this as a sample in one of my Birchbox’s – twice actually, and then went out and bought the full size version twice also. This one just seems to work for me. Usually I can’t stand the plastic wands, and when I went to try out the sample I wasn’t expecting much, but it lengthens and holds my lashes curl perfectly.
- Clinique Liquid Eyeliner – you may remember this post, where I described all the problems I faced with numerous liquid eye liners. And ended up going back to the clinique one that I’d been using for years, one that I’d had to buy at the airport because they didn’t have a MAC stand. It simply just stays put, all day! What more can you ask for!?
- Decleor Face Mask – I also mentioned this one in another post, here. I saw Millie Macintosh use it in a video, bought it instantly and haven’t looked back. The perfect surge of moisture for dry skin!
- H&M Leggings – just a staple! £6.99 and you can’t see through them – perfect! Not Pictured.
- Body Shop Hand Cream or Soap and Glory Hand Cream – these are the only hand creams I’ve used where you can actually start to see an improvement in the condition of your skin. Not just a quick fix!
- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream – everyone needs this in their lives! No matter where on your body, or how how dry your skin is, this little miracle will sort it out! First time users may think it looks, feels and smells quite odd, but after a while you’ll love it! Honestly it’s as simple as that!
- Mavala Cuticle Oil – I’ve always suffered terribly with dry and flaky cuticles – sexy! I new I needed something that would remove the excess and moisturise them at the same time. Ask your mum and she’ll tell you that Mavala is the best brand of nail polish she used to use, and she’s right! This oil is so fab and makes even the scruffiest of nail beds look neat and tidy.
- Beauty Blender – I bought the models own one initially and it’s THE perfect tool for blending concealer, without removing it. Birchbox then came up trumps in their last beauty box at exactly the same I was about to repurchase – score!
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer – you know the answer to this one, the most perfect, non-shimmery, colour to get the best cheekbones ever! I forgot to include this in my photo – I got it ready and everything – sad face!
- Mac Lipstick – Blankety – THE most gorgeous nude ever! Not too shiny, not too matte, not too dark, not too light. Just right!
- Perfumes – Alien by Thierry Mulger and Armani Mania by, well Armani – go smell them and you’ll understand! Just so yummy, and lasts ages, making sure I smell awesome all day/night long!
- The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter – smells good enough to eat, and moisturises pretty darn good too! I get left with a sheen that makes me look all glowy, but it doesn’t feel heavy or sticky – yes please!
Finally something that may not be an item that I buy over and over, a decent pair should last you a while, but I would not, could not ever be without Eyelash Curlers – they are A MUST!
What couldn’t you live without? Do you have anything that you would run to the shops for as soon as you realise that you’ve just used the last drop?
At the beginning of the week I received an exciting email from the fabulous peeps over at Chairish.com.
Chairish.com makes it fun and easy for design lovers to buy and sell pre-loved decor to one another… feature[ing] curator-approved treasures in a full-service and trustworthy environment.
They have so many fab bits from beds and sofas to wallpaper, and Pineapple candle holders – and we all know I’m loving the pineapples at the moment!
They asked if I would like to create a style board for the perfect home-bar area along with bar stools, I said yes immediately, literally I replied within minutes.
BUT because they have so much to choose from I got a little carried away, and instead of creating a style board, actually re-decorated a room!
Here’s my little idea…
Yep I’d have the home-bar smack bang in the middle of the lounge!
EVERYTHING in this photo is from Chairish.com
Now can we just focus on that Leopard print foot stool!! I NEED THIS!
The prices range from $48 (pineapple candle holder) – $1995 (chesterfield sofa). To be honest dollars don’t have much meaning to me so after a quick google this range is £29 – £703. Now that may be a little steep for a candle holder, but it’s a bargain for a chesterfield!
I challenge you to have a nosey and not find something you like, wand, NEED!
So pineapples are literally EVERYWHERE! And I’ve completely fallen in love with this fruity theme! Along with Flamingos (you’ll notice them too now!).
So I’ve put together a smorgsboard of some of the bestest stuff…
From left to right; Shorts £9.99 Dolls Union / tee – $36.00 from sincerely jules pina colada tee/ Necklace Asos / Jumper / Candle – £5.99 (in the sale) Zara Home / Heels – Pina Colada Sandals by Aquazzura $995 / Dish £12.00 Debenhams / Ornament £24 Debenhams / Bikini – Top £4.50 Bottoms £11.00 originally £30 together Asos / Tea Towel £13.75 ifeelsmug.com / Playsuit £24.99 Missguided / Flossys – £24.95 – flossyshoes.com designed by befrassy
So what do you think? Have I missed anything you’ve seen? And what fruit would you like to see everywhere next? I’m thinking watermelon!
Don’t you hate it when you lose the wick on your favourite candle? Or get to the bottom but there’s still loads of wax left round the edge of the jar.
I do! I REALLY do! And I had TONS of the lil’ buggers! So I decided to experiment on resurrecting some of mine that had just that.
It was a little hit or miss – there was a “too hot so cracked the glass jar” situation, but we really don’t need to talk about that.
BUT please take CAUTION if you decide to follow any of these steps, items will get EXTREMELY HOT!!!!
I used a few different methods to heat the wax;
- Heat a pan of HOT water, and put the candle in a bowl – the same way you would melt chocolate
- Heat them directly in the pan
- Good ol’ microwave.
Just don’t do any of these for too long at once or you’ll be throwing glass away – as per my aforementioned mishap. I was literally checking them constantly, and used the microwave for 20 seconds at a time, but this turned out to be the easiest and quickest method.
DON’T FORGET YOUR TONGS/OVEN GLOVES/TEA TOWELS to handle the jars after heating!
You need to either buy some wicks, or make your own. I did the latter, but improvised completely – I used cotton thread to make a few plaits and dipped them in the melted wax. I then let them dry by tying them to a kebab stick and hanging them over the kitchen cupboard handles – so the wicks and wax wasn’t touching anything.
Some of the candles had wick holders at the bottom, which I was able to pry off and attach to the plait wicks that I made. I did this by tying the bottom of the wick to the holder, dipping it in the wax, and placing it at the bottom of the newly empty candle jar. Obviously the wax will melt when the remaining wax is poured in so you can also tie the top of the plait to a kebab stick/cocktail stick and rest it over the candle – this will keep the wick central and straight.
Then pour the wax into the jars and wait for them to cool and set.
You do get some discolouring from this whole process due to dust, debris etc that’s accumulated over time, but the wax sets A LOT lighter than what you initially see – otherwise the above candle may have met an untimely death.
And abracadabra… new candles!
Handy huh! I’d love to hear some of your tips on resurrecting and recycling any household/beauty/fashion items.
So who got the Tommy Guns shampoo in their Birchbox box?
I did (nah nah nah nah nah)! And I’m pretty smitten, it feels like you’re really washing your hair, like really really washing it! So obviously I had to get the conditioner too. I have a thing about using matching shampoo and conditioner.
And I had some Asos loyalty points (fab), so ordered the conditioner in the same scent – pomegranate, orange flower and hemp. Why these ingredients, well thesis their explanation…
active ingredients include hemp which will smooth and moisturise, giving natural suppleness to the hair. Pomegranate to help protect the hair from the harsh environment. Orange flower to leave the hair enhanced with natural highlights.
They work a treat, are suitable for all hair types, smell scrummy and make hair feel clean and soft. The price is another perk, at £5.50 each, you can’t go wrong.
I also love the packaging – square, pretty, and simple yet smart.
Now I’m not saying they’re going to replace my beloved redken, or stop me from exploring other brands. But for now it’s quite nice using something different.
Have you heard of Depop? It’s my new little obsession. I would describe as a mix of eBay and instagram. Intrigued now huh!
All you need to do is download the app and create a @ username.
Mine is @sayitwithlace. Obvs ;) an here are some of the items I’m selling…
It’s super easy! So go on, get shopping/selling!